POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:11:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look
From: Pandora
Date: 2 Sep 2002 19:08:40
Message: <3d73ef78@news.povray.org>
news:3d73ec38@news.povray.org...
> In article <3d73e88c@news.povray.org> , "Pandora"
> <pan### [at] pandora-softwarecom> wrote:
>
> > Sorry to blow your arguments about HTML = content over structure out of
the
> > water, Thorsten, but :
> >
> > "HTML has its roots in SGML which has always been a language for the
> > specification of structural markup." - W3C HTML 4.01 Specification,
section
> > 2.4.1.
>
> But in what way does it "blow [my] arguments"?  That is exactly what I am
> saying!  I never said  "content over structure", I say and said "content
> over layout".  And "layout" != "structure" as I explained a million times
by
> now.  So thanks for the quote, it is much better than the one I found and
> straight to the point!

    In my book, and it seems Warps book and Tims book also,
structure=layout=structure.

    Dictionary.com seem to agree with us too :

      n.
        1.. The act or an instance of laying out.
        2.. An arrangement or a plan, especially the schematic arrangement
of parts or areas
      (http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=layout)

n.
  1.. Something made up of a number of parts that are held or put together
in a particular way
  2.. The way in which parts are arranged or put together to form a whole;
makeup
  3.. The interrelation or arrangement of parts in a complex entity
(http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=structure)

They look pretty similar to me - they both talk about an arrangement of
parts to make up a whole...

I'd post excerpts from thesaurus.com too, but all I'm getting, atm, is "The
server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from
fulfilling the request." :(

--
Pandora/Scott Hill/[::O:M:C::]Scorpion
Software Engineer.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'amacr.gif' (1 KB) Download 'prime.gif' (1 KB) Download 'lprime.gif' (1 KB) Download 'ubreve.gif' (1 KB) Download 'schwa.gif' (1 KB)

Preview of image 'amacr.gif'
amacr.gif

Preview of image 'prime.gif'
prime.gif